Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pigeons: Wildlife or Dinner?

The last few days, pigeons have been everywhere. Flying in pairs, ruffling the leaves of bushes, leaving lots of beautiful presents on my car. Coincidentally, the episode of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations in which Anthony eats pigeons in Cairo was also on TV. The pigeon he ate looked delicious. Greasy. Juicy. Golden brown.

For three days now, a pair of pigeons has sat on the ledge outside my roommate's window. They don't fly away when you press your nose up to the glass, or when you make noise, or stare at them. Then I started to think, do city pigeons have diseases? How long would it take to de-feather two pigeons?

So far, I haven't made my move, but I haven't given those pigeons names either.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the pigeons are preparing for my return. You know, so I don't get lonely without pigeons everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.usmenuguide.com/orchidsmenu.htm

    ReplyDelete