Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Professional Development 3.0

I've been to many school-wide professional developments in my life, but today I had the first one at my new school. Here is a list of analogies illustrating the differences between beginning-of-the-year PD at public school and PD at a Jewish day school.

Public School: Jewish Day School

Discussing your summer with fellow teachers: Discussing your health conditions with fellow teachers

Cold coffee: Movie-theater-concession-sized candy bars, cookies, lox

Revealing your suntan: Revealing your feelings

Arguing about how to teach fractions: Arguing about how to best nurture self-esteem

Finding out you have three Victors on your roster: Finding out you have three Moshes in your class

There you have it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to make math stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment